Wednesday, December 21, 2011

back to BJJ....and a nice reward after!


As some of you friends know i've been "dabbling" or some might simply say "suffering gladly" my way thru the Alliance BJJ school in NYC . BJJ stands for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. A martial art prevalant in the world of Mixed Martial Arts. With injuries (a torn meniscus in the left knee) and work and travel, and more injuries...it's been 6 months since my last class. but that ALL changed last night! I went back and had a great time, and collected my usual trophy bruises and scrapes (including a nice knock in the jaw!...how? ....i don't know). I got to see several students i haven't seen in all this time (progressing nicely....) and to say hi to the head of the school Fabio Clemente, and of course my teacher Lucas Lepri (world no gi grappling champ, and numerous world title holder). While the class was great...i was saddened to discover that Lucas is leaving to live and teach in the headquarters school in Atlanta. While all the students at the NYC branch will miss him, i'm sure we all wish him (and his wife) the best as they settle in to their new life. Luckily for me, i picked a great time to come back as he's leaving this tues!! so....it was nice getting to say goodbye. Enjoy the pic of me eating at Minca (Ramen noodle restaurant)

No comments: